Friday 25 October 2013

Wrap-Up/Dress Shopping?

My week off school is coming to and end, and I don't think I've accomplished much.
Well, I still haven't finished any of my assignments, haven't bought the lip liner I want, haven't even been bothered to upload pictures that I took onto my computer. Ugh.
Anyways, today I was invited to go wedding dress shopping with my sister! Cool! She's getting married next September (right after I turn nineteen, anyone for a drink?) and is getting a head start. I think. I don't know a lot about the whole process.
We started at a quaint little shop with pretty chandeliers and old wood flooring and pink bookshelves. I liked that one. The dresses were also very nice. My sister and I don't have very similar personalities or styles, but she did pick out a few pretty dresses. She's going for lacy, sweetheart neckline, slight a-line, so they're all very nice. It's hard because people keep trying to put her in mermaid cuts and she isn't the kind of spirit to outright say "no" to them. We both hate mermaid cuts, I think they look very strange, and she knows now how uncomfortable they are.
We then went to a seedier place downtown, which we didn't stay more than 20 minutes because we really didn't see anything we liked, nor was the customer service pleasant. Last we stopped by the shop where my aunt works, so she could show me the dresses she tried on last week (I was working so I had only seen pictures). I'm still set on one from the first place, and I think she is too.
Then my aunt made me try on a bridesmaid dress which I wasn't too keen on, but it was pretty. I don't have a huge opinion when it comes to what I wear to my sister's wedding so whatever she wants is fine with me.
I'm getting excited for everything to come together, I know my sister has a lot of ideas for the big day and it'll be fun. This has been a long ramble, I'll go now!