Saturday 5 October 2013

Seasonal Colours

I watch a lot of beauty gurus on YouTube and we're now in the full swing of autumn-themed videos and I'm going to reflect a little.

Most people succumb to the trends per season, but what exactly makes a colour seem more appropriate in autumn than it does in spring? I see it year after year, as soon as October hits, everyone's dressed in their "fall colours" and I never realized the pattern.
This may seem very obvious, and you may not know you're doing it, but each season's "trend colours" correlate with the colours of the outdoors during that season. By outdoors I mean the trees and the flowers. In fall we have the trees going green, red, orange, yellow, brown. Which colours are popular in fall? Burgundy, olive, mustard etc., all just fancy names for the colours I previously mentioned. It's not only true in the fall, spring and summer bring out the bright pinks and purples in the flowers and the sunshine. Winter brings snow, evergreens, dark nights. White, green, black.
This is just something I was thinking about while driving through the city the other day, awing over the foliage.