Saturday 12 October 2013

Birdsitting

My grandparents have gone away for the weekend and they have put me in charge of making sure their bird gets some attention.
This isn't the first time I've been enlisted and I really enjoy it. If I'm honest, I don't really like birds. They make me nervous, and this one especially requires a lot of time out of the cage, sitting on your shoulder etc. We have fun though. I like the freedom of getting away form my family for a period of time, I spend a lot of time daydreaming about the day I'll be able to move out and this is just a taste. I like having to lock the door, having to make my own meals and do laundry and make sure the lights get turned off at night. I must plan out what I'm going to eat and buy the appropriate groceries (well, my grandma pays, but this is like practice). I have quite a loud family so a whole house to myself is sometimes eerily silent. I can spend the entire day sitting in bed watching Community (which I do at home anyways) and nobody is here to tell me not to! I'm really excited to be independent and renting a small apartment in the near future.
Here are a few pictures I took today :)
Look at that pretty light!

What I'd give to have a nice mirror like this for quick OOTDs

Jonas (I actually named him, yes, because at the time I was huge on the Jonas Brothers)

Friends?

I just like how the light was this afternoon
Happy Saturday,
Rachel