Monday 9 December 2013

Challenges & Festivities

A few things happening in my life..


As of yesterday, I've decided to become vegan. Just for a week, though. I can't really explain my thought process but basically, I think it will be fun. I like the idea of switching up my eating habits (and I've been eating far too much chocolate as of late) so I'm hoping I stick to this little "challenge" I've given myself. This week seemed like a good one because next week I'll get into the full swing of making Christmas goodies and I'll have no willpower. So far I've only had one meal - peanut butter on toast - so I'm not sure how difficult/easy it will be to cut out meat, eggs, dairy etc. though I am a huge fan of a tuna sandwich. Maybe it'll be a treat next Monday when this is over. I don't know.

We've cut down and decorated a tree at both my mom's and dad's houses now, plus the lights are all up so it's feeling a little more festive. I'm not crazy with Christmas spirit but I do like the coloured lights and the smell of a tree in my house.
The weather has gotten very sad and cold recently, so I've busted out the mittens, toques, and scarves for the season. I hate mittens, if you were wondering, They make me feel trapped, like I can't use my hands, so I've opted for mittens on a string, so I can constantly take them off without losing them. I might look 5 years old, but it's practical!

I have exams this week which sucks but I do get to sleep in.